Kalandra Community Connections Award
Outline of award
This award recognises exceptional effort in catering for residents’ needs and preferences by creating an environment that promotes inclusion and choice for older New Zealanders. This may include the creation of a feeling of community within a care facility, the outreach of a care facility to the surrounding community, or connecting residents with their families and friends.
Entries should demonstrate:
- how the outcome of the programme/initiative directly impacted on the quality of care the residents/family received
- how the residents were involved in the programme/initiative
- the involvement of families, community group(s) and organisation(s) in a range of settings
- attempts to provide services to/for residents in a manner which is integrated with the provision of other services within the community
- attempts to meet particular cultural, ethnic or other needs of residents.
Your entry must include:
Your entry could also include:
- Testimonials from residents, staff, families or the community
Trophy and certificate plus a prize valued at $1000.
Entries into these awards must be received electronically by Monday, 16 August 2021